Did you ever hear the expression “I had to kiss a lot of green toads before I found the one“?
Well, I had to make a lot of Anti-inflammatory Green Smoothies before I found the one.
Or as Kermit would say, “it’s not easy being green”.
But, in the case of this smoothie, it is easy and delicious too!
Criteria For The Best An Anti-inflammatory Green Smoothie:
Had anti-inflammatory ingredients
Was quick and easy to make
-Check, check and check
The truth is I have several green smoothies that I really love and make, but this one is a true favorite and has the extra element of turmeric and ginger which are reported to have great anti-inflammatory properties.
Love this Anti-inflammatory Green Smoothie for all the healthy benefits and great taste!
Looking for anti-inflammatory smoothie recipes, but wonder how to find a great tasting one? I was in the same boat, and through trial and error created one that is not only easy to make but is delicious as well.
TRY THIS FOR SMOOTHIE SUCCESS:
I find that in order to be successful in my smoothie a day habit, I need a good routine where ingredients and tools are easily accessible. The ten minutes it takes to pull my blender out of the cabinet, and chop up fruits and veggies will come between me and my smoothie, especially during a particularly busy morning. However, with a few easy strategies, smoothie success is a breeze, even on the busiest of days.
- A GREAT BLENDER – WHILE I HAVE A LARGER BLENDER FOR CERTAIN RECIPES, IT IS THIS SMALLER BLENDER WHICH YOU WILL FIND ON MY COUNTER.
- Make my daily smoothies with this blender.
- Strong enough to whip up frozen fruit, ice, and nuts
- Easy to rinse cups (vs. harder to rinse and clean blender pitcher)
- Portable caps for the blender cups (so I can take my smoothies to-go!)
- Less clunky than a larger blender and fits perfectly on my counter top.
- FROZEN FRUIT IN PLASTIC BAGS READY TO GO:
- It is super easy to buy frozen, pre-chopped fruit from the grocery store.
- Reasonably priced and organic produce available.
- If buying fresh produce, freeze by placing fruit on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread fruit in an even layer with no pieces touching. Freeze completely and then place in plastic bags. If you place fresh fruit in bags and freeze, you will have frozen clumps of fruit that are hard to separate and use.
- Have your favorite smoothies all year, not just when fruit is in-season.
- I often transfer the contents into resealable individual clear plastic bags for easy use. It is easy to monitor when the supply is running low.
Benefits of Ginger and Turmeric:
In the quest of consuming more ginger and turmeric, two awesome anti-inflammatories, I created this great tasting smoothie. Both turmeric and ginger are deemed to have powerful anti-inflammatory benefits. Turmeric is a member of the ginger family and has the active ingredient “curcumin”. Ginger is an herb that can be consumed ground, fresh or as a juice. Many smoothies for arthritis pain tend to include these ingredients. But, as always, you may want to check with your health professional to make sure these ingredients are good for you.
Best Storage For Ginger and Turmeric:
I store my fresh turmeric and ginger by wrapping each in a paper towel, then placing them in a sealed plastic bag and storing it in the fridge. It is easy to tell the difference between the two because turmeric has a very bright orange flesh.
I ended up needing a little assistance at the grocery store when picking out the fresh turmeric. I had an idea of what turmeric looked like, but as luck would have it, this area of the grocery store (near all root veggies like turnips, beets, etc…) was not clearly marked. I chose something I thought was turmeric, but actually turned out to be a second type of ginger. At that point, the helpful staff gave me a mini-lesson on turmeric, which I really appreciated. Next time I go it will be easy to find. And as I know, it was worth the effort as turmeric is awesome.
I can’t quite explain it, but I do feel better after consuming this smoothie. All those little aches and pains seemed diminished.
Making Your Anti-Inflammatory Green Smoothie:
To make, simply peel back some of the skin of the ginger and turmeric root, and cut off the pieces you need. Add the rest of the ingredients to your blender and blend for several minutes until desired texture.
Question: Do you have any experience with ginger and/or turmeric? What are your favorite recipes or ways to consume? I would love to hear.
Thanks and have a great day. 🙂 I hope to add more smoothies for inflammation and pain on the blog. Subscribe to the email list to get the latest recipes!
Do you have a blender you love? This is the one I use daily for my smoothies. Having the best kitchen appliances for each task makes all the difference. Small, easy to store, easy to clean and works great! It is a strong, but small blender.
Thank you for using my affiliate links, which at no extra cost to you, provides me with a small commission that helps with the running of this site. I look forward to creating and posting many more delicious recipes for you.
This anti-inflammatory green smoothie is great for breakfast, snack, after a workout. I even have this as a meal replacment on those hectic busy days! Lots of great, clean eating ingredients in this smoothie!
- 1 cups and 1/2 unsweetened almond milk
- 1 slices frozen banana cut into
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- 1/2 piece of fresh turmeric peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 2 cups fresh spinach
Place all ingredients in blender and blend for several minutes until smooth in consistency. Pour into a glass and drink up. Enjoy!