A strawberry pineapple smoothie with a creamy texture, no added sugar, only a few simple ingredients, and yet tastes like a strawberry shake! Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free and vegan!
With strawberry season right around the corner, you’ll want to have this strawberry smoothie on your list!
Smoothies are on the menu every day at my house. Possibly the easiest way to get a few servings of healthy fruits and veggies. Plus, the amazing flavors!
However, variety is the key antidote to boredom with smoothies. Plus, it’s fun to get creative with smoothie add-ins depending on what you have on hand.
Ingredients for this Paleo Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie:
- Dairy-free milk (I used organic almond milk). Tip: water will also work.
- Frozen or fresh pineapple
- Frozen or fresh strawberries (organic)
- One ripe banana
What Other Fruit Goes Well With Pineapple?
So many fruits go well with pineapple. Try pineapple with blueberries in this blueberry pineapple smoothie, or with mangoes in this mango smoothie. Bananas go amazing with pineapple in this tropical fruit smoothie,
Here is a post with a comprehensive list of dairy-free smoothies!
Related: How To Make The Best Pineapple Smoothie Recipe.
How Do You Make a Smoothie With Frozen Strawberries?
Frozen strawberries in smoothies add to a thick consistency and texture, which makes them like a strawberry shake.
- Buy frozen strawberries and measure and add to your smoothie. I prefer organic since they are processed with fewer pesticides per the EWG list.
- Or freeze freshly picked or farm fresh strawberries to add to your smoothie. Place strawberries on a baking pan with parchment paper. Add the strawberries and freeze for several hours. Place in a resealable plastic bag and store in the freezer.
Tip: if possible, before adding frozen strawberries to your blender, cut into small pieces.
Whole strawberries can tax the blender and take longer to blend, especially if not using a high powered blender as I am in this post.
Favorite Smoothie Add-ins:
I usually do not measure, but toss in a pinch or more. What’s great is that the add-ins don’t change the flavor of the smoothie, but add some nutrients.
- Hemp seeds (a teaspoon for an individual smoothie)
- Spinach (fresh or frozen) just a tablespoon or two.
- Dulse flakes
- Ground flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Ice cubes (to make thicker and more frothy)
What fruits work well together in your favorite smoothie?
Enjoy this delicious Strawberry Pineapple smoothie for a refreshing, refined sugar-free snack or dessert! Just a few simple ingredients make this amazing smoothie dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, Paleo!
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cups frozen organic strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk of choice (I used organic almond milk)
Measure out ingredients and place in a blender.
Blend for a minute or so until completely combined.
Pour into a glass and enjoy!
*can use fresh pineapple and strawberry, but add about 5 ice cubes to get a thick texture to the smoothie.
*can be made and consumed later.