This post contains affiliate links.
The Best Ultimate Dairy Free Smoothies!
Here’s the thing – are there are days when you don’t have a lot of time to prepare a meal, but you do have time to throw a few ingredients into a blender and let it whirl into a healthy, colorful, deliciousness? Check out this list of 10 Dairy Free Smoothies for you to try! Surely there is one you want to try and with less than 5 ingredients, it could be a solution for you as it has become for me. I have even had a smoothie for dinner on occasion!
Smoothies are great because they are often loaded with fruits and veggies which makes them nutrient dense. With the right combination of ingredients, smoothies can taste awesome! So, what better way to get kids to eat their fruits and veggies!
Lately, I have been making up “smoothie packs” for my freezer. What I do is put all the ingredients for a smoothie (except liquid ingredients) into a plastic (bpa free) Ziploc type bag. I make up about 7-14 of these bags, depending on available space in the freezer. It’s so easy and I simply dump the contents into the blender in the morning to make a breakfast smoothie. Another thing I love to do is right before I blend my green smoothies, I will add a teaspoon of Hawaiian Spirulina and dulse flakes for added nutrition. Another great additive to green smoothies is fresh parsley or cilantro!
Some of my favorite, every day, smoothies are near the bottom, so keep scrolling to see the entire list. 🙂
TRY THIS FOR SMOOTHIE SUCCESS:
I find that in order to be successful in my smoothie a day habit, I need a good routine where ingredients and tools are easily accessible. The ten minutes it takes to pull my blender out of the cabinet, and chop up fruits and veggies will come between me and my smoothie, especially during a particularly busy morning. However, with a few easy strategies, smoothie success is a breeze, even on the busiest of days.
- A GREAT BLENDER – WHILE I HAVE A LARGER BLENDER FOR CERTAIN RECIPES, IT IS THIS SMALLER BLENDER WHICH YOU WILL FIND ON MY COUNTER.
- Make my daily smoothies with this blender.
- Strong enough to whip up frozen fruit, ice, and nuts
- Easy to rinse cups (vs. harder to rinse and clean blender pitcher)
- Portable caps for the blender cups (so I can take my smoothies to-go!)
- Less clunky than a larger blender and fits perfectly on my countertop.
- FROZEN FRUIT IN PLASTIC BAGS READY TO GO:
- It is super easy to buy frozen, pre-chopped fruit from the grocery store.
- Reasonably priced and organic produce available.
- If buying fresh produce, freeze by placing fruit on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread fruit in an even layer with no pieces touching. Freeze completely and then place in plastic bags. If you place fresh fruit in bags and freeze, you will have frozen clumps of fruit that are hard to separate and use.
- Have your favorite smoothies all year, not just when fruit is in-season.
- I often transfer the contents into resealable individual clear plastic bags for easy use. It is easy to monitor when the supply is running low.
Do you have a favorite smoothie? Or one you would like to see featured here? Let me know. I would love to hear. 🙂
Easy to Pin It Strip: