Oh my gosh, I have been MIA on the blog lately. Life gets busy sometimes, and this spring especially it seems with graduations, etc.., it has been a complete whirlwind! Thanks for bearing with me!
Additionally, in the last few months I have been experimenting with a gluten free, dairy free diet. I am finding it is suiting me very well, however, the downside is that it takes a while to get the swing of it (gluten is everywhere!), and it can be challenging re-working and/or finding tasty recipes. As I find great recipes or products, I will post on the blog. This Apple Pie Smoothie is one of my favorites so far.
Meanwhile, let me tell you about this smoothie!
What you will love about this awesome tasting smoothie:
Easy to whip up
Only 5 ingredients
Healthy snack option
Here are the ingredients:
Almond Butter (consider using my favorite almond butter!)
Non-dairy milk (I used organic, unsweetened almond milk)
Although this Apple Pie Smoothie would be great any time of year, I bet I will be making this even more during the fall apple picking season.
Meanwhile, today looks like a picture-perfect June day. Hope you have wonderful plans and get out there and enjoy. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there.
Please let me know if you try this recipe for Apple Pie Smoothie. I love your comments!
If you are looking for an awesome, reasonably priced blender – this is my favorite!
TRY THIS FOR SMOOTHIE SUCCESS:
I find that in order to be successful in my smoothie a day habit, I need a good routine where ingredients and tools are easily accessible. The ten minutes it takes to pull my blender out of the cabinet, and chop up fruits and veggies will come between me and my smoothie, especially during a particularly busy morning. However, with a few easy strategies, smoothie success is a breeze, even on the busiest of days.
- A GREAT BLENDER – WHILE I HAVE A LARGER BLENDER FOR CERTAIN RECIPES, IT IS THIS SMALLER BLENDER WHICH YOU WILL FIND ON MY COUNTER.
- Make my daily smoothies with this blender.
- Strong enough to whip up frozen fruit, ice, and nuts
- Easy to rinse cups (vs. harder to rinse and clean blender pitcher)
- Portable caps for the blender cups (so I can take my smoothies to-go!)
- Less clunky than a larger blender and fits perfectly on my counter top.
- FROZEN FRUIT IN PLASTIC BAGS READY TO GO:
- It is super easy to buy frozen, pre-chopped fruit from the grocery store.
- Reasonably priced and organic produce available.
- If buying fresh produce, freeze by placing fruit on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread fruit in an even layer with no pieces touching. Freeze completely and then place in plastic bags. If you place fresh fruit in bags and freeze, you will have frozen clumps of fruit that are hard to separate and use.
- Have your favorite smoothies all year, not just when the fruit is in-season.
- I often transfer the contents into resealable individual clear plastic bags for easy use. It is easy to monitor when the supply is running low.
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened smooth almond butter
- 1 apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1/2 cup milk ( I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (use up to 1/2 teaspoon depending on your taste)
- 1 cup non-dairy yogurt (about one container of vanilla or plain) (sub coconut cream about 1/8 cup)
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for a few minutes until desired texture is reached. It's that quick and easy! Enjoy your Apple Pie Smoothie!
Easy to Pin It Strip: