This Tropical Smoothie Recipe is dairy free, has 5 ingredients and takes only a few minutes to whip up! One sip and you will immediately be transported to memories of your favorite tropical location!
No refined sugar is used since the banana and orange naturally sweeten this creamy smoothie. With the addition of fresh ginger root, you have a smoothie that has ingredients that have been shown to boost the immune system (cold and flu prevention!) and are very kid friendly.
TRY THIS FOR SMOOTHIE SUCCESS:
I find that in order to be successful in my smoothie a day habit, I need a good routine where ingredients and tools are easily accessible. The ten minutes it takes to pull my blender out of the cabinet, and chop up fruits and veggies will come between me and my smoothie, especially during a particularly busy morning. However, with a few easy strategies, smoothie success is a breeze, even on the busiest of days.
- A GREAT BLENDER – WHILE I HAVE A LARGER BLENDER FOR CERTAIN RECIPES, IT IS THIS SMALLER BLENDER WHICH YOU WILL FIND ON MY COUNTER.
- Make my daily smoothies with this blender.
- Strong enough to whip up frozen fruit, ice, and nuts
- Easy to rinse cups (vs. harder to rinse and clean blender pitcher)
- Portable caps for the blender cups (so I can take my smoothies to-go!)
- Less clunky than a larger blender and fits perfectly on my counter top.
- FROZEN FRUIT IN PLASTIC BAGS READY TO GO:
- It is super easy to buy frozen, pre-chopped fruit from the grocery store.
- Reasonably priced and organic produce available.
- If buying fresh produce, freeze by placing fruit on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread fruit in an even layer with no pieces touching. Freeze completely and then place in plastic bags. If you place fresh fruit in bags and freeze, you will have frozen clumps of fruit that are hard to separate and use.
- Have your favorite smoothies all year, not just when fruit is in-season.
- I often transfer the contents into resealable individual clear plastic bags for easy use. It is easy to monitor when the supply is running low.
Looking for other amazing smoothies recipes? Check these out!
- Delicious 2 Ingredient Pineapple Smoothie
- Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Tropical Mango Smoothie Bowl
- All the Berries Smoothie
Healthy Benefits of Pineapples:
Pineapples have bromelain, an enzyme that studies show reduces inflammation and swelling and helps digestion. Additionally, all the ingredients are affordable and convenient to find. I usually buy a bag of frozen pineapple chunks, which lasts for several frozen tropical fruit smoothie servings. I love that this smoothie is so easy and convenient. The pineapple and orange add loads of vitamin C.
And if you added a splash of rum, you would likely have a tasty, refreshing, Pina Colada! I have not tried this yet, however. 🙂
★Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!★
- 1 in Frozen banana cut pieces
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1.2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 an orange peeled
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup water
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for several minutes until completely mixed. Garnish with pineapple pieces.
Thank you for using my affiliate links, which at no extra cost to you, provides me with a small commission that helps with the running of this site. I look forward to creating and posting many more delicious recipes for you.
Easy to Pin It Strip: