This Zesty Multi-Purpose Pizza Sauce is an easy, versatile, tomato sauce with just enough spice kick to make it delicious. I use it most often with my favorite Paleo Crust for Pizza Lovers.
The ingredients you will need for this recipe are: canned crushed tomatoes, 1-2 garlic cloves, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and one medium tomato. The ingredients simmer on the stove top for about 30 minutes.
The above photo shows the Paleo Crust for Pizza Lovers with the Zesty Multi-Purpose Pizza Sauce spread over and then baked to perfection. Add your favorite toppings.
This pizza tomato sauces freezes wonderfully, so that you have options for saving some for later. In addition to pizza, this sauce is great poured over a calzone; or used as a dipping sauce for your favorite paleo crackers.
What are your favorite ways to serve/use pizza sauce other than for pizza?
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced into 3 large slices (you will can easily remove from oil).
- One medium tomato, chopped (approximately one cup tomato chopped)
- One 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes (I like to use organic).
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- To a sauce pot, add one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Next, add the garlic cloves.
- Cook on medium low for about 2 minutes.
- Remove garlic pieces and add all the other ingredients to the sauce pot.
- Simmer on medium low for about 30 minutes.
- Sauce is ready to use immediately, or can save for later.
- Use on your favorite pizza. Also makes a great dipping sauce.
- Notes: if not on low fodmaps diet, you have the option to crush or mince garlic and leave it in the sauce.
Easy Pin It Strip: