Well, hello! There is a newly created recipe for you! These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles are sure to become a favorite dessert, snack or gift of yours! With just a few ingredients and such a great presentation, you will be excited to add these delicious balls to your recipe box.
The ingredients: raw cashews, maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground flax seed, chocolate chips, dark chocolate bar, and sea salt. They are quite easy to make. I like to store them in the freezer for a quick snack. Wouldn’t these make a great dessert at a dinner party or gathering? Yes!
Check the Shop Page for my favorite kitchen items. Have a great day!
- 1 and ½ cups raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed*
- pinch fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- For the icing:
- 73% Dark Chocolate Bar , 3.5 ounces
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cashews in a food processor and blend until combined (holds together when pressed together in your hands). However, it should not get to consistency of cashew butter.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, flax seed and sea salt and pulse a few times until combined.
- Pour mixture in mixing bowl and add the chocolate chips and mix with spatula.
- Scoop tablespoon sized balls of dough and mold into balls with your hands.
- Place the balls on the parchment paper a few inches apart.
- Place in freezer for about an hour or until very firm. When almost ready, make melted chocolate coating that you will use to dip/coat balls/truffles.
- Makes about 15 truffles.
- For the chocolate coating, I melted a 73% dark chocolate bar, 3.5 ounce, and using a fork lowered the frozen balls/truffles into the chocolate to coat. I did this with each one and then placed back on the parchment paper lined baking pan and back into the freezer for a few hours.
- Note: I usually keep these in the freezer when storing them. You could melt chocolate chips as the coating. It would probably be fine to soak your cashews prior to using in the recipe as well.
- *I prefer golden flax seed; check my Shop Page for my favorite brand!
Easy to Pin It Strip: