Roasted Boneless Turkey Breast is SO EASY, yet also one of the most delicious and makes an impressive presentation.
The stress-free recipe for Thanksgiving, dinner parties, or casual dinners. Two ingredients and some fresh herbs – then into the oven (no basting required)!
Why A Baked Turkey Breast?
- So, you’ve got the crew coming for Thanksgiving, but not sure you’ll have enough turkey. Make this boneless turkey breast to have on hand and eliminate the stress!
- Your having a small gathering for the holidays and don’t want to cook a whole turkey.
- Your craving a turkey sandwich and don’t want store-bought cold cuts! You’ve got lunches for the week!
- Bring to a potluck.
- A small dinner party.
- The ideas are endless.
What Is A Boneless Turkey Breast?
- A turkey breast that can be any number of pounds, with skin-on, and is wrapped in a plastic mesh netting.
How To Cook A Boneless Turkey Breast:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take the turkey breast out of the wrapping (from the grocery store meat counter or pre-packaged).
3. Rinse the turkey breast to give it a quick wash.
4. Pat the turkey breast dry with paper towels.
5. Place the turkey breast on the roasting pan.
6. In a small bowl, add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and freshly chopped herbs. Mix together to combine into almost a paste.
7. Using your hand and/or a brush, coat and rub the herb mixture all over the turkey breast. You can lift the skin, and the plastic netting and spread some under there as well. Just be careful as you do this to keep the netting in place.
8. Bake for 2 – 1/2 hours until done and internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. (This is the time for a 2-3 pound turkey breast. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your boneless turkey breast and your particular oven).
9. Take out of the oven and let the roast rest by covering with aluminum foil for about 15-20 minutes. This is important as the juices will allow the juices to redistribute and turkey time to firm up.
10. Remove the netting, carve and serve the turkey breast.
11. Pour drippings from pan into a cup for gravy if you’d like to make. Scrape all the bits from the bottom of the pan, and the plastic netting into the cup as well to make a flavorful gravy.
As you can see, the prep time is just a few minutes. While your turkey is roasting, your house will smell amazing!
Where To Buy Boneless Turkey Breast?
- I purchase my turkey breast at my local grocery store, most often, from the butcher by letting him/her know the size turkey breast I would like (number of pounds).
- You can find a fresh boneless turkey breast pre-packaged in the grocery store meat section.
It is important to let the turkey breast rest for about 15-20 minutes once out of the oven before carving/slicing.
Herbs For Turkey:
- Sage, rosemary, and thyme are classic herbs for flavoring turkey.
- Chopped fresh parsley would make a nice addition to this herb mix if you have on hand.
- If at all possible, use fresh herbs as they make a difference. I happened to find a potted plant at the grocery store with rosemary, thyme, and sage. Perfect! I just clipped what I needed.
- Tip: Any leftover herbs can be used for simmering spices or other recipes.
Tips For This Turkey Breast Recipe:
- Use a fresh boneless skin-on turkey breast. (Not frozen).
- Use fresh herbs.
- Make sure you have a meat thermometer.
- Look for “poultry seasoning” fresh herbs in a packet. This way you don’t have to buy each individual herb.
- You might be able to substitute dried herbs for the fresh herbs, however, I have not done this and don’t know the measurements needed.
FAQ For This Boneless Turkey Breast:
- Do I take the plastic mesh netting the turkey breast is wrapped in off to roast it? No, leave this on or the turkey roast will lose it shape and fall apart. It should be on the outside of the roast.
- Can I use a frozen turkey breast? Yes, if you let it thaw in the refrigerator for about 24 hours prior to cooking.
More Turkey Recipes To Try:
- Turkey Breast with Peach Glaze
- Paleo Turkey Meatloaf
- Paleo Spaghetti Squash with Turkey Meatballs
- Best Crockpot Paleo Turkey Chili
Amazing Sides For Your Turkey Recipes:
- Easy Paleo Thanksgiving Recipes
- Paleo Cranberry Sauce
- Whole30 Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Paleo Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Butternut Squash Puree
- Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
Roasted Boneless Turkey Breast is one of the easiest recipes I use, yet also one of the most delicious and makes an impressive presentation.
The stress-free recipe for Thanksgiving, it's perfect for holidays (Paleo Thanksgiving Recipes), dinner parties, or just casual dinners. Two ingredients and some fresh herbs are all that is required.
- 2-3 pound boneless skin on, turkey breast (My turkey breast was 2.3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- tablespoons a few fresh herbs (Sage Rosemary and Thyme). I used 2 large sage leaves, several thyme and rosemary bunches to equal about 3 tablespoons cut, chopped herbs.
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wash and dry turkey breast and place on roasting pan.
In a bowl, add herbs, about 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper and mix together.
Using hands or brush, coat entire turkey breast, all over, and under the skin if possible.
Bake for 2-2 1/2 hours until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
Notes: Can be made ahead of time.
where can you find skin on boneless turkey breast?
Hi Elise – I find it at my local grocery store.
What a lovely presentation! This looks amazingly delicious! We love turkey. It’s going on the menu soon!
Thank you so much!
This recipe looks so gourmet and delicious and yet I can’t believe how simple it is to prepare! Seems great for holidays!