Paleo Cranberry Sauce is a favorite, delicious, super easy recipe that is perfect for your holiday table or everyday occasions! Just a few ingredients are needed, about ten minutes and your house will have the aroma of the festive holidays. Grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan!
Helpful Tips When Making Paleo Orange Sauce:
- Uses fresh ingredients
- Can be made ahead of time and freezes well.
- You’ll never buy store-bought cranberry sauce after making this one!
How To Make Paleo Cranberry Sauce:
Step 1 – Gather the ingredients. Zest and juice the orange, zest the ginger, and measure the other ingredients.
Tip: save the scraps and a few cranberries for a festive holiday idea I share later in this post.
Step 2 – Add all the ingredients to a sturdy pot. As I’ve said before, I love my All-Clad pots which I’ve had for years.
Step 3 – Stir the ingredients in the pot so they are well combined.
Step 4 – Cook on medium-low heat for about ten minutes until all the cranberries have popped.
Step 5 – Let the cranberry sauce cool. Add a garnish of orange curls if desired. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Should last several days in an airtight container in the fridge.
How Many Does This Cranberry Sauce Serve:
I would say this recipe would serve about 4-5 people, so if you have a larger group, you may want to double, triple, etc… this recipe. In my opinion, it is better to have too much than not enough. Plus, we all know how we all love leftovers. What if there were no leftovers? No way, bring on the leftovers!
Holiday Potpourri Made With The Scraps:
- Clean out the pot used to make the Paleo cranberry sauce.
- Fill about 2/3 with water.
- Cut the leftover orange peel into slices and toss it into the pot of water.
- Toss the ginger peels into the pot.
- Spices/herbs to add (add all or some): cinnamon sticks, star anise, nutmeg, whole cloves, fresh or dried rosemary, a few bay leaves
- Bring to a low boil and then simmer for a few hours, keeping an eye that the water does not evaporate. Add more water if needed.
- Your house will smell like the holidays.
Cook’s Tips For Paleo Cranberry Sauce:
- Dried ginger can be substituted for fresh, start with 1/2 teaspoon and taste test, add more if desired.
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg can be added for additional flavor. Add a pinch of each.
- Omit orange juice if desired and add water to replace the liquid.
Can The Cranberry Sauce Be Made In The Slow Cooker/Crockpot?
Yes – cook on high for 2 1/2 hours and then turn off the heat and let cool.
Looking for other amazing recipes? Check these out!
- Easy Paleo Thanksgiving Recipes
- The Best Whole30 Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Awesome Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole with Candied Pecans
- Herb Roasted Boneless Turkey Breast (Super Simple!)
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
This is a delicious and easy Paleo cranberry sauce that gets a little kick from fresh orange juice and ginger. Wonderful for holidays, but so simple and great for everyday meals. Grain-free, gluten-free, vegan and dairy-free.
- 12 ounces cranberries (fresh best, but can use frozen)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (1/3 -1/2 cup depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 orange juiced (juice of one orange)
- zest of one orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Rinse and drain the cranberries.
Place all ingredients in a pot on your stove over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium-low heat for about 10 minutes until cranberries have popped. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Uses fresh ingredients
- Can sub frozen cranberries.
- Is great made ahead of time and freezes well.
- Can substitute honey for the maple syrup.
- Works in the slow cooker - cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.
Update Notes: This post was originally published on November 23, 2014, but was republished with an updated recipe, new photos, step-by-step instructions and photos, success tips, and a video in November 2018.