How does creamy, freshly made cashew cream sound? No other ingredients or stabilizers needed!
Super easy to make and can be used in beverages, with granola and many other recipes where you would use milk or cream.
Cashew cream whips ups into the consistency of yogurt but tastes very plain (has no taste and does not taste like cashews).How do you make cashew cream cheese? It’s super simple – vegan cream cheese recipe!
How to Make Cashew Cream!
Step 1: Soak the cashews (place cashews in a bowl, cover with water and let sit for at least 4 hours. Drain, and rinse.)(For a super quick method – pour boiling water over cashews and let sit for one hour. Drain and rinse.) Tip: the longer you soak the cashews, the creamier the cashew cream will be.
Why drain and rinse? “Discard the soaking liquid. Soaking pulls out the cashew’s phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors, making the cream tastier and easier to digest, but leaving a less-than-tasty liquid after the long soak.”
Step 2: Blend the cashews in a high powered blender. A food processor will not work well for this task. Add water to thin to desired consistency.
Step 3: Store the cashew cream in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Related: Homemade Cashew Butter.
Savory Cashew Cream makes this Paleo Clam Chowder silky and amazing.
Q: How Long Can You Keep Cashew Cream?
A: I store the homemade cashew cream up to a week in the refrigerator.
Cashew Cream Uses:
- Replace cream in soups ( Paleo Clam Chowder)
- Add to smoothies (Dairy-Free Smoothies)
- Creamer for coffee (make it sweet cashew cream by adding a pinch of maple syrup or coconut sugar)
- Alfredo sauce
- Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- The icing on a cake (need to try this!)
- Mousse or pudding (another way I need to try this!)
- Salad dressing, like ranch.
- In a dip (add favorite flavors like garlic, lemon zest, parsley, herbs, etc…)
- To make mashed potatoes extra creamy. (Dairy-Free Mashed Potatoes)
- Lightly sweetened cashew cream can replace whipped cream in many desserts.
- Organic cashews (raw, unsalted)
Soaking the cashews softens the nut so it will easily blend into a creamy consistency. Then you can add flavors to make your cashew cream sweet or savory.
Related: Honey Roasted Cashews
Hope you enjoy this cashew cream recipe!
Homemade cashew cream is super simple! A great vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free alternative to dairy or heavy cream! There are many cashew cream uses, including sweet cashew cream, savory cashew cream and more!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
Place cashews and water in a small bowl. Make sure all the cashews are completely covered by the water. Let the cashews soak for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight on the counter (not in the refrigerator).
Place the cashews and water in a blender (high powered blender is best)at high speed until rich and creamy, 2-3 minutes.