This post may contain affiliate links.
The time guests came over for a casual get together. The long ride to visit colleges for tours. A holiday gift to say “thank you”. And rainy Friday nights snuggling with my basset hound and watching a scary movie!
On each occasion, this tasty Honey Roasted Cashews recipe came through for me. Super simple to make with just a few ingredients and twelve minutes in the oven. A wonderful sweet and salty combination!
How To Make Honey Roasted Cashews:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the honey, EVOO or ghee to very warm. For simplicity, I place the ingredients in a bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Add the salt and nuts to the medium-sized mixing bowl (with the warmed honey). Stir well to combine.
- Spread the nut mixture on the baking sheet.
- Bake for six minutes. Toss the nuts. Put back in the oven.
- Bake for six more minutes. Take the nuts out of the oven.
- While warm, toss with the coconut sugar and let cool on the baking sheet.
What Are The Benefits of Cashews:
Maybe good for:
- Cholesterol Free
- Eye Health (protect against cataracts)
- Lower blood pressure
- Contain good fats
- Contain antioxidants
When in a chocolate and nuts mood, try these Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts! Just as easy and delicious!
Tip: Keep an eye on the nuts as they bake so they don’t burn. Ovens vary in temperature.
Honey Roasted Cashews are awesome for travels as is sweet and salty trail mix.
Related: Cashew Butter
With the busy holiday season, so glad to have this simple and tasty recipe to make for gifts and road trips. A small bag will accompany me to the mall for a snack during shopping!
How to make super easy, delicious honey roasted cashews. A few ingredients and a few minutes yield a scrumptious snack. Great for gifts! Fresh and delicious - much healthier and better than store bought!
- 2 cups raw whole cashews
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium-sized bowl, honey, olive oil or ghee. Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds to warm up honey. Time will vary depending on your microwave. Add salt. Stir to combine ingredients.
Spread coated cashews onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
Bake for six minutes. Toss the nuts with a spatula. Put back in the oven.
After an additional six minutes, the roasted honey cashews should be done, lightly browned and toasted. Take out of the oven and toss with the coconut sugar making sure to coat all the nuts. If it is easier, place them in a bowl and toss with coconut sugar and then place back on baking sheet.
Leave on a baking sheet until cooled. Store in an airtight container. Should last several weeks.
*Optional add-ins: vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, smoked paprika.
Easy to PIN strip: