How about a three-ingredient treat that is ready in 15 minutes? Besides being super easy to make, these Dark Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts are paleo friendly, grain-free, dairy free, gluten free and vegan!
These delicious clusters save the day on so many occasions. The days I am craving chocolate; when I watch a movie and pine for movie theatre candy; as a gift to gluten-free friends. And on and on the list goes. Keeping a stash in the freezer is the way to go!
Why Make Homemade Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts?
- Healthier ingredients that you control
- Fast and easy and can be made anytime.
- Great alternative to candy and will satisfy your chocolate craving
- Wonderful to serve at the holidays
- Contain important nutrients and health benefits.
How to Make this Chocolate Macadamia Nut Candy Recipe:
- Gather and measure all the ingredients (chocolate, macadamia nuts, creamy almond butter and sea salt). Full printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and almond butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the macadamia nuts to the saucepan and stir to coat all the nuts with the chocolate sauce.
- Place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the nuts + chocolate sauce mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. They should look like little mounds.
- Sprinkle generously with sea salt.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer or refrigerator for about 15-30 minutes, until the chocolate is solid.
- This homemade Paleo candy tends to melt, so it is best to store in the refrigerator or freezer in a plastic storage bag until consuming.
Related: Awesome Homemade Almond Butter
I sliced open a cluster so you could see the inside. They are deliciously tasty morsels. You won’t be able to eat just one. Fair warning!
A Fun Tip For Serving:
Create an ice cream topping!
Place a cluster in a small sealed plastic baggie and hit a few times with something like a rolling pin. Or simply chop on a cutting board. Not too small, you want chunks and bits and pieces. For extra decadence, add some dairy free ganache as well!
Even on days when time seems to evaporate, it is nice to know you only need a few minutes to whip up an instant treat that simultaneously satisfies a chocolate craving and with healthier ingredients. Win!
Are you signed up to received email updates and extra fun goodies from me?
How to Make Fantastic Chocolate Macadamia Nuts! Can be made anytime and are Paleo friendly, gluten free, dairy free and vegan!
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate cut up or chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups roasted or raw macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- pinch sea salt (for sprinkling on chocolate clusters)
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate with the almond butter until smooth and creamy.
Add the macadamia nuts and stir until well mixed and the nuts are coated with the chocolate sauce.
Scoop about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of the nut chocolate mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. If you have any leftover chocolate, spread it over the tops of the chocolate mounds. Add more melted chocolate if it needs it. Sprinkle generously with sea salt.
Place baking sheet in the freezer or refrigerator for 15-30 minutes until chocolate is solid.
Since this paleo chocolate clusters melt easily, store in the freezer or refrigerator in a sealed plastic baggie until ready to consume. I prefer the freezer because it lasts longer.
East to Pin It Strip: