If you are asking yourself “what can I make with frozen bananas?” The answer is this banana ice cream recipe.
Peanut butter banana ice cream with chocolate is creamy and delicious dairy-free ice cream! Just a few ingredients are needed for this vegan ice cream!
This healthy banana ice cream is a great alternative to ice cream.
Blending frozen bananas in the blender is also referred to as “nice cream”, which is a take on ice cream. It’s delicious and one of my favorite hot weather guilt-free treats.
There are three ingredients and all you do is put the ingredients in a blender or food processor and watch as the ingredients go from chunks to smooth and creamy resembling ice cream.
I am sure you could use almond butter and it would come out great as well. I loved it and have even topped it with a warm vegan chocolate sauce.
- Frozen bananas
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
How to make banana ice cream:
- Peel and freeze the bananas for several hours until frozen solid. If you have the time, freeze overnight.
2. When ready to make the banana ice cream, cut the banana into slices.
3. To a blender, add the sliced bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate chips and blend until smooth.
4. Pour the ice cream mixture into a pan and smooth the top. I like a loaf pan. Freeze this mixture for a few hours to get scoopable ice cream. Or serve right away if you like soft-serve type ice cream.
6. After freezing for a few hours, scoop banana ice cream into a serving dish or cone and spread a thin layer of peanut butter, and top with extra chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Look at how creamy and delicious this banana ice cream is!
This ice cream is delicious in a dish or cone.
Storage: Store in the freezer and try to consume within a week.
Banana Ice Cream Recipes:
Dairy-Free Ice Cream Recipes:
Peanut butter banana ice cream is creamy and delicious dairy-free ice cream! Just a few ingredients are needed for this vegan ice cream!
- 2 bananas (frozen and then cut into chunks)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or almond butter)
- handful of chocolate chips
Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
You can enjoy the ice cream right away as a soft-serve type of ice cream.
Or pour the mixture into a loaf pan and place in the freezer for several hours until completely frozen. This will make the ice cream scoopable.
When serving, add drizzles of peanut butter, chocolate chips, and peanuts as a garnish.
Serve in cone or cup. It's great drizzled with chocolate sauce or my dairy-free chocolate ganache.
Store in the refrigerator for about a week in an airtight container.