What is not to love about a Green Detox Smoothie? This detox smoothie recipe is easy to make and tastes so great, even kids will love it!
A few years ago, I made a promise to myself. I set an intention that I would create a specific habit where several servings of fruits and vegetables were part of meals every day. And I knew that success hinged on making the process foolproof.
A typical morning for me looks like this – several servings of fruits, vegetables, herbs, non-dairy milk, etc… straight into the blender. Some mornings it’s this smoothie or another favorite, the anti-inflammatory smoothie.
While the BEST green smoothie is blending (1-2 minutes), I put all the ingredients away. As I drink my delicious, freshly made, healthy smoothie, my day has started with my intention fulfilled. So easy!
Here you get a few handfuls of spinach (look for organic), yet you can’t taste the spinach in the final drink. And, spinach is generally mild tasting. I happen to love spinach and spinach salads, but if you are someone who doesn’t, this may be a way to get all the nutritious benefits of this wonderful green. Why not add a small piece of ginger for anti-inflammatory benefits? I would consider this a little milder tasting smoothie compared to the Green Kale Smoothie, (which was much sweeter tasting).
How To Make A Green Detox Smoothie:
Step 1 – Gather and measure the ingredients: unsweetened almond milk, banana, orange, spinach, ginger, celery, lemon, chia or flax seeds, parsley or cilantro, ice cubes.
Step 2: add the ingredients to a blender cup.
Step 3 – Blend for about one minute until the ingredients are well-blended and smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Tips and Techniques:
- Freeze small pieces of fresh ginger in resealable bags for easy access.
- Use a quality sturdy blender for a smooth texture.
- What greens can you put in a smoothie? The list is long – kale, celery, arugula, spinach, parsley and more.
3 Day Green Smoothie Detox:
- In addition to this green detox smoothie, try:
- quick and easy anti-inflammatory spinach smoothie
- delicious green apple smoothie
- Anti-inflammatory Smoothie
- Immune Boosting Smoothie
- Turmeric Smoothie
- Kale Apple Smoothie
- Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Peruse the smoothie archives.
The best super green detox smoothie is minutes away! This healthy detox smoothie recipe is easy! The BEST green smoothie!
- 1 cup unsweetened organic almond milk
- 1 cup organic fresh spinach
- 1 small piece of ginger (1/4 inch piece) (peel fresh ginger)
- 1 tablespoon orange (fresh orange, not just the juice) (approximate measure)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground flaxseed - optional
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 banana
- 1/2 organic celery stalk
- 1/4 lime or lemon (remove peel)
- 1 tbsp organic fresh parsley and/or organic cilantro
Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse at high speed for approximately one minute until perfectly blended.
Additional Resources: This site has a wealth of information, as does this site, and I love these smoothies too!
That sounds delicious. For some reason I never add nut milk to my smoothies, usually just some nutrient powders and water or apple juice. It is handy to have frozen fruit too.
Hi, Jacqueline – Love the nutrient powders, water or juice added to smoothies!
I try to do a detox twice a year!! This one sounds like a winner!!
Melissa @ Insider The Kitchen
I’m always on the look out for a good green smoothie, they are lovely. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe! I want to try it right now 🙂
Hi, Melissa – Thank you! Hope you love! 🙂
another great smoothie recipe
Thanks! Love green smoothies!
Delicious, nutritious; and, you are right, you don’t taste the spinach!
Glad you liked it!