Flourless brownies that are rich, delicious and grain, gluten and dairy-free! A perfect recipe when the chocolate craving strikes. Pour this dairy-free chocolate ganache over them for a truly amazing chocolate experience.
- sliced blanched almonds
- organic unsweetened cacao powder
- coconut palm sugar
- mini dark chocolate chips
- baking soda
- sea salt
- Medjool dates
- almond milk
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- egg whites
- Without a doubt, these Paleo Flourless Brownies are my new favorite brownies. They are fudgy and chocolaty in a perfect way. Being flourless means they are grain and gluten free as well, as ground almonds stand-in for the flour. I replaced the EVOO from the original recipe with coconut oil as a healthy fat and it worked perfectly. Rich, moist and easy to make, they may just become your new favorite brownie as well!
Flourless Fudge Brownies:
The recipe calls for two egg whites to be whipped to medium peaks. You can do this while you are blending the other ingredients in the food processor or you can do this after you have your chocolate mixture all ready to go. I like to set up the egg whites whipping (before I start the chocolate mixture) and then I can check on them every minute or so to see how they are coming. Once the chocolate mixture is blended, the egg whites are usually ready and can be combined with the chocolate mixture pronto. Then into the oven for 30 minutes. I have to admit I usually eat one warm out of the oven. Just to make sure everything is okay of course!
While I use organic unsweetened raw cacao powder in this recipe, you can substitute cocoa powder. I prefer cacao powder as it is reported to be less processed.
I hope you will try these healthy flourless brownies and let me know if you do!
Flourless brownies are a delicious, fudgy, paleo, dairy free, brownies recipe.
- 1/2 cup sliced blanched almonds (or slivered)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic cacao powder (sub cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed pitted Medjool dates, chopped (about 4 large dates)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment or aluminum foil and lightly coat with coconut spray.
In a food processor, add the almonds, cacao powder, coconut sugar, mini chocolate chips, baking soda, and salt. Pulse until ground.
Pulse in dates, almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla until a smooth paste.
Beat egg whites until medium peaks form.
Stir in 1/3 of the chocolate mixture (into the whipped egg whites) and fold until combined. Repeat this procedure until all the chocolate mixture combined into the egg whites.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared baking pan, smoothing out until evenly spread in pan.
Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top and place brownies in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out almost clean.
Let sit for a minute or two, just to firm up, then place brownies on a wire rack to cool. Cut into 9 pieces. Store in airtight container on the counter for several days or in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from Health.com.
Easy to Pin It Strip: