I call these Chocolate Vegan Donuts Recipe a happy miracle. They are healthier than most donuts (Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free), and I took some chances using different ingredients and it worked.
Made with organic coconut flour too!
It’s a good thing I consider myself a what if person. As a food blogger, this works out quite well, as I am not too fearful of combining ingredients and analyzing the results.
Here is a little secret – the first renditions of this recipe were made with eggs. As I enjoyed these donuts with some tea, I noted the sweet chocolate taste, cake, and crumb-like texture. There was something special here. Missing in my grain free, gluten free and dairy free world for far too long.
As the delicious aroma of freshly baked donuts still permeated my kitchen, I wondered how far I could take this. After all, I often create several variations of a recipe to get it just right.
So for the next try, I decided – “to boldly go where no man has gone before” (if you get that reference, can we be BFF’s?) That meant, no eggs!
The Disappearing Vegan Donuts Recipe:
Okay, this vegan donut recipe without yeast was made several times before I even had a chance to photograph them for this post! They kept disappearing so fast.
How To Make This Vegan Gluten-Free Donut Recipe:
- Mix all the ingredients in one mixing bowl.
- Spread the batter in your donut pan (Aff-link) to make 5 low carb coconut flour donuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for approximately 30 minutes.
While the donuts are baking, it is time to make the glaze! You might have a favorite glaze that you could use here. I simply melt some non-dairy, gluten-free chocolate chips to make a glaze. Once the donuts are cool, spread the glaze over the donuts covering the tops. This glaze will harden slightly in just a few minutes. 🙂
Making Flax Eggs:
- Place one tablespoon freshly ground organic flax seed in a small bowl.
- Add three tablespoons room temperature water.
- Stir to mix and then let sit for about ten minutes.
- The mixture should resemble the consistency of an egg.
- Note: this also works with organic chia seed to create a chia egg. Flax or chia eggs work well in some recipes to replace chicken eggs.
But How Do These Vegan Coconut Flour Donuts Taste?
- They are moist and chocolatey goodness!
- With a cake-like texture
- Decadent because of the rich chocolate flavor and icing
Organic pumpkin puree is an ingredient, but they do not taste like pumpkin.
Looking for other amazing recipes? Check these out!
- The Best Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes
- Easy Two Ingredient Chocolate Ganache – try this recipe as your paleo donut glaze!
- Coconut Flour Cut Out Cookies
- Coconut Flour Banana Muffins
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
I hope you love these if you try them! And they work well with eggs also. 🙂
Products Used To Make This Recipe:
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Chocolate Vegan Donuts Recipe! You will love this healthier, grain, gluten and dairy free recipe. There are also no eggs or oil! It is hard to believe how great they taste!
- 1/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 flax eggs (for non-vegan: eggs do work in this recipe)
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup dairy-free, gluten-free chocolate chips (optional: delicious without glaze also)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a donut baking pan by spraying with oil (I like coconut oil). Makes 5 donuts.
Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to remove all lumps and to combine.
To the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients, and mix well to form a batter.
Add the batter to your donut pan to make 5 donuts and spread to smooth.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes until donuts are set and pull away slightly from the side of the pan.
Let cool completely before icing.
For glaze: melt 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and spread over the donuts.
Should last a few days in an airtight container. For best results, store in the refrigerator.
Thank you for using my affiliate links, which at no extra cost to you, provides me with a small commission that helps with the running of this site. I look forward to creating and posting many more delicious recipes for you.