This post may contain affiliate links.
A flourless banana bread that tastes like a classic banana bread? Really?
And how about grain free, dairy free, no oil or refined sugar? Sweetened with bananas only?
Yep, just 9 ingredients, one bowl and you’ll have a warm loaf (or two mini-loaves) of banana bread in 30 minutes!
Ingredients for Flourless Banana Bread:
- Almond flour
- Almond butter
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
You may be tempted to call this a flourless banana cake due to the moist and delicious cake-like texture.
Did you notice the only sweetener is the bananas? Bananas are a wonderful source of many nutrients, such as Vitamin B-6, Vitamin C, and potassium!
Heading out to an afternoon football game recently, I made a loaf of this Paleo banana bread to take along. A perfect snack that’s slightly sweet, decadent, and sturdy.
Since there are usually no viable options at the concessions stand, bringing my own snacks by planning ahead works out fine. And this bread is so authentic, no one knows it’s gluten-free!
When I am seeking variety, this recipe sometimes becomes flourless banana muffins. The same recipe, just pour the batter into muffin cups, bake for about 20 minutes. If you are a muffin lover, be sure to try these Gluten-free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins too!
Make the mini-loaves and you’ll have breakfast today and tomorrow. Are you someone that likes the crusty exterior? Yes, well, when you make two loaves there is more crusty surface area! So important!
Optional Add-Ins For Your Flourless Banana Bread:
- Mini-chocolate chips
- Chopped walnuts (or your favorite nut)
- Fresh blueberries (frozen may turn batter blue)
- Dried cranberries
Making Your Flourless Banana Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a loaf pan (or mini-loaf pans) with parchment paper and/or cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and tops are slightly golden.
- Let cool for 20 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Will last about 3 days stored in the refrigerator.
Tips: Do not use a blender or electric mixer to blend as it may make the resulting bread, dare I say, flat!
Mix the batter until it all comes together and is still a little lumpy and you will be rewarded with delicious banana bread. 🙂
If using fresh blueberries as an add-in, gently fold them into the completely mixed batter.
Related: Banana Bread with Streusel Topping
So, whether you need a take-along snack for a sporting event, or you’re looking for a delicious slice with your afternoon tea, this flourless banana bread has got you covered!
Try it for breakfast, toasted, with your favorite jam, nut butter, or even this vegan cream cheese recipe!
This Flourless Banana Bread is moist and delicious! Mixed up in one bowl and then baked to perfection. Optional add-ins: mini chocolate chips or nuts.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (I use my homemade, gluten-free recipe on this site)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (helps activate the baking powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare two mini loaf pans by spraying with oil (coconut).
In a medium-sized bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well with a spoon until a smooth and creamy batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for about 25 minutes until tops are starting to become lightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then remove banana bread.
Slice and enjoy with your favorite spreads and jams or consume on its own.
*I have tried chia and flax eggs and have not had luck with this recipe.