The search for an amazing Paleo mug cake is over! This easy, fluffy, delicious gluten-free mug cake is sure to become your favorite. And, it only takes a few minutes to make!
When the craving for cake strikes, you won’t have to make a whole cake; just this sweet little mug cake!
When a sweet craving strikes at 9:00 p.m., this is the recipe I go for. The perfect size for a quick and easy, yet totally decadent single size cake.
I like to garnish my flourless mug cake with some dairy-free ice cream, or coconut whipped cream, berries, chocolate shavings. The ideas are endless.
How To Make A Paleo Mug Cake:
Step 1 – Gather and measure the ingredients.
Step 2 – In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk together. In another medium-sized mixing bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk together.
Step 3 – Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Step 4 – Pour the batter into a mug and microwave for about 60 seconds (time will vary depending on your microwave). The top of the cake should be firm and a toothpick should come out clean.
Step 5 – Add garnishes of your choice or eat just the way it is.
Tips When Making A Paleo Mug Cake:
- You could probably substitute maple syrup for coconut sugar, but I have not done this.
- I have not tried this recipe without an egg. The egg helps the Paleo mug cake rise and get fluffy.
- You might be able to substitute almond meal for almond flour, but I have not done this.
- Coconut flour is not an acceptable substitute for blanched almond flour.
- This flourless mug cake can be baked in the oven in small ramekins – 350 degrees F. for about 10-15 minutes.
A Few Other Paleo Recipes You Will Love:
- Paleo Chocolate Cake
- Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes
- Meyer Lemon Pudding Cake
- Dairy-Free Ganache
- Chocolate Vegan Donuts Recipe
Products Used To Make This Recipe:
★Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!★
The BEST Paleo mug! This easy, fluffy, delicious gluten-free mug cake is sure to become your favorite. And, it only takes a few minutes to make!
When the craving for cake strikes, you won't have to make a whole cake; just this sweet little mug cake!
- 4 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- pinch fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
Add the wet ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
Add the dry ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Pour the cake batter into a mug and place in the microwave oven for approximately 60 seconds. The time will vary depending on your microwave, but the cake should be firm and a toothpick will come out clean.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support.