How to make perfect gluten-free chocolate chip cookies recipe! You’ll love these dairy-free, delicious cookies!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chips Cookies Recipe:
Q: Are chocolate chip cookies gluten-free? A: Not all chocolate chip cookies are gluten-free. A gluten-free substitute for flour must be used. In this recipe, rice flour and almond flour accomplish this.
Meanwhile, feast your eyes on this gluten and dairy free delights! These delicious Chocolate Chip Chunk Cookies are also very easy to make.
I have found it can be very challenging finding really good gluten and dairy free products and recipes. And that is why I am so glad to have this recipe, so I can whip these up anytime.
I decided to use both chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. Ramp up the wow factor a little!
Be sure to try these gluten-free vegan chocolate chip cookies also!
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Instead of butter, this recipe uses almond butter. I used my homemade almond butter recipe found here.
- The chocolate chips and chunks are Enjoy Life brand and are gluten and dairy free.
- Once you start mixing all the ingredients, you may find the dough a little thick and sticky. This is how it should be and I took my time and used a wooden spoon to combine.
- I also reserved about a tablespoon of the chips and chunks so I could place a few on top of each cookie prior to baking, for appearance purposes.
- I really like how these cookies are nice and puffy even though they are a gluten-free chocolate chip cookies recipe without xanthan gum.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe! Gluten and dairy free healthier version of the classic chocolate chip cookie.
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup smooth almond butter
- 2 large eggs I used organic
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used 1/2 cup gf df chocolate chips and 1/2 cup gf,df chocolate chunks)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Most likely 3 batches, so you could prepare 3 baking sheets if you have available.
In a small bowl, add the brown rice flour and baking soda. Mix well and set aside.
In a larger mixing bowl, add the coconut sugar (Use a wooden spoon to stir out any lumps in the sugar), almond butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well.
Then add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and when the dough is well mixed, thick and sticky, add your chocolate chips (and chunks if using). Suggestion: reserve about a tablespoon of chips and chunks to place on cookies right before putting in the oven.
Drop tablespoons of batter onto your prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. I used a small ice cream scoop. Once you have the cookies on the pan, wet your hands slightly with water and gently flatten the cookies before putting in the oven. Bake until cookies become slightly brown around the edges and top. Ovens vary, but mine took exactly 8 minutes.
Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool. Will last for several days in airtight container. This batch made 28 cookies.
Serves 14 - 2 cookies per serving.
Update: Grain-Free: I have also made this grain-free by substituting 1/2 cup almond flour and 1/4 cup coconut flour for the brown rice flour. Same great taste and texture. Baking time increased to 10 minutes in my oven. 🙂
Easy to Pin It Strip: