Carrot fries are a healthy alternative to traditional french fries, so tasty and easy to make! Baked in the oven they are delicious served with Whole30 ketchup, they make an amazing side dish you’ll serve over and over. (Paleo, Gluten-free)
I’m always on the look-out for healthier versions of favorite foods and fun ways to eat more veggies. I usually put chopped carrots in salads, but that can get boring.
Carrot fries are so simple to make, I can whip them up with any meal.
How To Make Oven Baked Carrot Fries:
- Gather about 7 medium-sized carrots, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
4. Peel the carrot and slice into “french fry” shapes (see below).
5. Add the carrot slices to a medium-sized bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. See recipe card below for printable recipe details.
6. Place carrot slices on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (See below). Try to have space between the fries on the baking sheet, which can be challenging. The fries will shrink a little as they bake.
7. Bake carrot fries for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and flip the fries and bake for another 10 minutes or until done. They’ll be slightly browned, but not burned, somewhat crispy, and delicious!
8. Sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional) and serve with your favorite condiment.
Tips and Substitutions For Carrot Fries:
- For extra spice, add a pinch of onion powder, paprika, garlic powder or even ground cinnamon to carrot fries before baking.
- Line carrot fries on baking pan making sure there is space between the fries (they’ll get crispier).
- Serve with your favorite condiment. Ketchup, dips are great with carrot fries.
Looking For More Delicious Side Dishes? Check These Out!
Products Used To Make This Recipe:
★Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!★
p.s. I love to see what you’re making! Post a photo and tag me on Instagram@24carrotkitchen!
Hope you love these baked carrot fries!
Carrot fries are a healthy alternative to traditional french fries, so tasty and easy to make! Baked in the oven they are delicious served with Whole30 ketchup, they make an amazing side dish you'll serve over and over.
- 1 pound carrots (about seven medium-sized carrots)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped for garnish)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Peel the carrots and cut into fry shapes.
Place the carrots into the mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Toss the carrots with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Place carrots on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Try to position them so there is space between the fries and they are not touching each other.
Bake for 20 minutes. Check for smaller pieces that might be baked so you don't overcook those, and remove them. Place the rest back in the oven for another 10 minutes until cooked through.
Remove from oven and serve as a side dish. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with ketchup, or any sauce you like.
Thank you for using my affiliate links, which at no extra cost to you, provides me with a small commission that helps with the running of this site. I look forward to creating and posting many more delicious recipes for you.