These amazing bakery style chocolate chip muffins are grain, gluten and dairy free! It’s the perfect texture you will love; slightly crusty on the outside and crumbly, cakey centers.
These muffins are best served and eaten the day they are made, but will keep in an air tight container for a day.
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tablespoon ghee melted or softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 cups and 1/2 blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup non dairy chocolate chips I usually use a combination of mini semi-sweet and dark chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a muffin tin by spraying with oil (I like coconut oil) for 6 muffins
In an electric mixer, beat egg, arrowroot, ghee, vanilla, salt, water, maple syrup, and lemon juice for 2 minutes until somewhat frothy. Set aside for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour , baking soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon, until there are no lumps.
Add to mixing bowl with wet ingredients and beat for 1 minute.
Add chocolate chips and stir with spoon to combine.
Fill the muffin tin for 6 muffins (completely fill).
Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Easy to Pin It Strip: