I knew this Almond Butter Recipe was amazing when every batch disappeared!
How to make these cookies:
- Use an ice cream scoop to get uniform sized cookies.
- Bake until edges and bottoms are slightly golden.
- Let cookies cool on baking pan for 5 minutes because they will be too soft to move. They will harden up as they cool.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract.
Other cookies you might like:
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Almond Butter Recipes:
- How to Make Almond Butter
- Vegan Cookie Dough
- Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Paleo Chocolate Cake
- Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes
Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy almond butter (I use a natural brand with no salt)
- 1 cup sugar (I use coconut sugar, but you can use your favorite).
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Gather and measure the ingredients.
Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir well.
Drop tablespoons of mixture onto a prepared baking sheet. I use a small ice cream scoop.
Shape the cookies into balls with your hands and flatten. Using a fork create a peanut butter cookie design on the cookies (see photos in post).
Bake for about 10 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for five minutes. They will be soft and might breakf if you attempt to move them too soon.
Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool and firm up.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
This recipe was originally published on May 30, 2013, and was updated with new photos, a recipe and a description in April 2020.