Even though I absolutely love this Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, I am always trying new versions, making tweaks, and trying new variations. I have to admit, it has been tough coming up with anything that comes close to this one.
This is why when it really counts, like guests are coming or I just want that perfect dairy-free gluten-free chocolate chip cookie, this is the one that comes to mind…and the one I make.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Reasons I love this recipe:
- Everything mixed in one bowl. (you won’t miss the pile of dishes in the sink, will you?)
- Butter-free chocolate chip cookies
- My homemade almond butter – simple to make, but feel free to use store-bought!
- Oh, how I love this recipe. There are many reasons why it has become a go-to favorite.
- Almond butter has some great nutritional benefits!
Another reason? Well, what if I tell you this same recipe makes dairy-free chocolate chip blondies? Oh yes, just spread into an 8 x 8 greased pan. It will take about 25-30 minutes to bake. Let cool about 10-15 minutes and then cut into squares. Oh yeah!
Making Your Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies With Almond Butter:
As you can see from the photos, these cookies puff up nicely (thank you baking soda and baking powder!). When making these cookies, I use either a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon to measure out the cookie dough drops for the baking sheet. I reserve about two tablespoons of chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of the cookies right before baking. Also, you will also want to flatten the cookies slightly by pressing them down gently with your hand so they bake flat and round. Give ’em a nice shape!
Great recipe while on vacation! Just bring the ingredients along, assuming you have a kitchen, and you are good to go. So easy!
I store these cookies in an airtight container, and if it is really hot, like summer weather, I store them in the refrigerator.
My Favorite Almond Butter – this is one of my favorite, easy recipes and can be used for this cookie recipe.
An easy, delicious, grain free, gluten free, Paleo chocolate chip cookies recipe. You will be making this recipe over and over and will soon become your favorite go-to. Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, and Dairy-Free!
- 1 1/2 cups almond butter (I use a 16 ounce jar that happens to be 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 extra large eggs (I use organic)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Hold back 2 tablespoons to put on top of your cookies prior to baking. It is optional, but they look more scrumptious., I use Enjoy Life brand here)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs.
Add the almond butter and whisk into the eggs.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
Place one tablespoon sized cookie dough balls on your prepared baking sheet. (A small ice cream scoop is handy for this).
Press down slightly on each cookie so they will bake flat.
Add a few more chips to the tops of each if you choose.
Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine take 8 minutes). Check the bottom to see if browned.
Let cool on wire cooling rack.
Store in airtight container.