Kale salad with lemon dressing.
How to make a kale salad:
Step 1: Gather and measure the ingredients.
It’s only been in the last year that I discovered kale. This recipe for Kale Salad with Lemon
Step 2: Wash the kale and remove the stems.
Step 3: Slice the kale into ribbons.
Step 4: Put the sliced kale into a large salad bowl.
Step 5: Pour the dressing over the kale and massage with your hands for about 5 minutes until all kale is completed covered.
Step 6: Let the salad sit for about 10- 15 minutes. Serve with additional veggies, sliced tomatoes, chopped nuts, shaved parmesan.
- Buy fresh kale that is not wilted and has the texture of regular lettuce. It will be stiff yet pliable.
- Use freshly squeezed lemons.
- Try this Kale Salad Dressing recipe.
- Waldorf Chicken Salad
- Whole30 Chicken Salad
- Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- Tahini Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch Lacinato, Tuscan or Dino kale (washed and stems removed, and spun dry, cut into pieces)
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- pinch freshly ground pepper (optional to taste)
In a small glass bowl, whisk the lemon juice, garlic, salt, and olive oil together. Set aside.
Wash the kale and remove the stems.
Slice the kale into strips (as shown in step by step photos).
Add the strips to a large salad bowl.
Pour the dressing over the kale and massage into the kale with your hands. This will take a few minutes.
Let the salad sit with dressing by setting aside for 15-30 minutes.
Taste for seasonings, add more if needed. Serve with a meal, add some sliced tomatoes or other veggies. Add chopped nuts or shaved parmesan.
This recipe was originally published on May 23, 2013, and was updated with new photos, recipe description and tips and details in July 2020.