Mornings will seem better with this easy, Dairy Free, Grain free Granola and Fruit Parfait! Have all your ingredients prepped in advance and you will be ready to assemble this parfait in a few minutes.
I use my Grain Free Cranberry Nut Granola for this parfait. I just make it in advance and store it in an air tight container. Or, you could use another granola and it would work just as well. Making the coconut whipped cream fresh is recommended. A non-dairy yogurt would make a nice substitute for the coconut whipped cream. Once you have all your ingredients together, it is just a matter of assembling your parfait(s).The combination of crunchy from the granola, sweet from the fruit and silky, creamy from the coconut milk whipped cream makes this parfait great for breakfast or dessert.
- cup One of fruit - use your favorites. In this parfait I have used frozen pineapple chunks, wild blueberries, sliced banana, raspberries and pomegranates. I just let the frozen fruit defrost a little before eating.
- One can full fat coconut milk - to make coconut whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (I use organic that has tapioca starch as an ingredient which helps the whipped cream stay a little stiffer. You can sub 1 tablespoon maple syrup or other sweetener).
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granola . Try the recipe on my site - it's awesome!
To make the Coconut Whipped Cream: Place the full fat coconut milk can in the refrigerator overnight. When ready to make - place the white thick cream from the top of the can into an electric mixer fitted with the whipping attachment. Beat on high for two minutes. Add the sweetener and vanilla and beat on high another 1-2 minutes until thick and resembles whipped cream.
Start layering ingredients in a serving glass.
One layer of fruit, one layer of whipped cream, one layer of granola, repeat.
At the top, place a scoop of whipped cream and a piece of fruit for garnish.
It's that simple. Great presentation and tastes yummy! Kids will love this too.
Notes: Instruction and prep time does not include time to make the granola. You may make it yourself or you may choose to buy it already prepared. Consider making mine ahead of time! 🙂
Easy to Pin It Strip: