Creamy, melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate Peppermint Bark is the perfect holiday candy for gifts and gatherings!
Sweet layers of dark and white chocolate topped with crushed peppermint candies and broken into pieces.
This homemade peppermint bark is so simple but seriously divine. Naturally grain and gluten-free, dairy-free option.
How to make peppermint bark:
- Gather and measure the ingredients – chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peppermint extract, and candy canes or peppermint candy.
- Line a baking sheet or 9 x 12 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Crush the candy canes in small pieces.
3. Melt the chocolate chips. Don’t melt the white chocolate chips just yet.
4. Pour the melted chocolate into an approximate 9 x 12 shape. Spread and smooth the chocolate into one uniform layer.
5. Place baking sheet with melted chocolate in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes so the chocolate can harden.
6. A few minutes before removing the baking sheet from the refrigerator, start melting the white chocolate. You can melt in the microwave in 40-second intervals or use the double boil method. Stir until smooth and creamy.
7. Take the baking sheet with chocolate out of the refrigerator. Pour the melted white chocolate over the chocolate layer in one smooth uniform layer. You might have to smooth it out a bit with a spatula.
8. Pour the crushed candy canes or peppermint candies over the white chocolate as evenly as possible. Since the white chocolate is melted, the candy canes will stick to it.
9. Place the baking sheet back into the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes until the entire chocolate mixture is hard.
10. Take the baking pan out of the refrigerator. Cut the peppermint bark into pieces, either with a knife or by breaking with your hand.
- An easy way to crush the candy is to put it in a sealable bag and pound it with something hard (rolling pin, meat tenderizer, etc…) until crushed.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- Although this recipe is naturally gluten-free, white chocolate chips have dairy unless you buy the brands without dairy.
Other recipes you might like to try:
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- Maple Pecan Pie
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread
- Vegan Chocolate Truffles
Creamy, melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate Peppermint Bark is the perfect holiday candy for gifts and gatherings! Sweet layers of dark and white chocolate topped with crushed peppermint candies and broken into pieces. This homemade peppermint bark is so simple but seriously divine. Naturally grain and gluten-free, dairy-free option.
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate (chocolate chips, chocolate bar or chunks)
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup crushed candy canes, or peppermint candies
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate (optional: to melt and spread over completed bark).
Gather and measure the ingredients.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You can use a baking sheet or a 9 x 12 baking pan.
Melt the chocolate chips until smooth and creamy. You can use a microwave in 40-second installments until melted (only takes me 2 installments) or the double boil method. Don't melt the white chocolate just yet.
Pour the melted chocolate into an approximate 9 x 12 shape in the baking pan.
Place the baking sheet with chocolate into the refrigerator for about 20 minutes until the chocolate is hard.
Melt the white chocolate chips and stir until creamy and smooth. Using the same methods mentioned above for the chocolate.
Pour the white chocolate chips over the chocolate layer and use a spatula to smooth.
Sprinkle the chopped candy canes or peppermint candies over the white chocolate layer.
Place back in the refrigerator until chocolate and white chocolate are hard about 20 - 30 minutes
Take out of the refrigerator and break up the peppermint bark by using a knife or your hands.
Store in the refrigerator. This will last several weeks or more.
Leave a Reply