Roasted pumpkin seeds make the best crunchy, salty healthy snack!
This tutorial for how to make roasted pumpkin seeds will take you through the step by step process of making these delicious pepitas!
Also, tips and tricks on selecting the right pumpkin! Or you can buy raw pumpkin seeds and start there!
How to roast pumpkin seeds:
- Gather and measure the ingredients. For this recipe, we’re starting with clean, raw pumpkin seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the pumpkin seeds with the other ingredients in a mixing bowl. Choose basic roasted pumpkin seeds or one of the flavor combinations.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds on the baking sheet.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds for about 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
How to clean pumpkin seeds:
- If using a fresh pumpkin, cut the top off the pumpkin or slice the whole pumpkin in half.
- Scoop the pumpkin seeds out of the pumpkin and try to get as much of the pumpkin flesh off the seeds.
- Place the seeds in warm water.
- Try to separate the seeds from the pumpkin matter.
- Dry the seeds with a paper towel or dish towel before roasting.
Do I need to wash the pumpkin seeds before roasting them?
- No, if you buy storebought raw pumpkin seeds, you can proceed to the recipe and roast them.
Storing roasted pumpkin seeds:
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
How to eat pumpkin seeds:
Enjoy pumpkin seeds:
- As a garnish on salads
- As a snack
- On chia pudding or any pudding
- On yogurt
- In a granola recipe
Honey roasted pumpkin seeds:
- To the basic roasted pumpkin seeds recipe, add 3 Tablespoons honey, stir well, and roast as per the recipe directions.
Spicy roasted pumpkin seeds:
- To the basic roasted pumpkin seeds recipe, add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, stir to combine, and roast per the recipe directions.
Cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds:
- To the basic roasted pumpkin seeds recipe, add one teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of sugar (coconut sugar or sugar of choice), and roast as per the recipe directions.
Other recipes you might like to try:
- Peheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 1 1/2 cups raw pumpkins seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (Or substitute olive oil or oil of choice).
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Gather and measure the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
n a medium-sized bowl, place pumpkins seeds, coconut oil and salt in a mixing bowl. Toss together until well blended.
Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake in the oven until pumpkin seeds are lightly toasted, about 15-20 minutes, stirring half way through.
Remove pumpkin seeds from oven and place in a medium-sized bowl.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe Source: here
A nice alternative to bland or too salty pumpkin seeds!
Thanks! And they are so easy to make!