This is a post about how to peel peaches – the easy way. Not too long ago, I posted a recipe for a Peach and Blueberry Crumble.
For this particular recipe, I used fresh and local peaches and blueberries.
Within the post, I highlighted a technique for peeling peaches. It’s these tips that we come across that make cooking and baking easier, faster and more enjoyable. So, I thought this would be a good post for my “How To” page.
Usually peeling peaches involves cutting the skins off with a knife. Many times some of the yummy peach comes off with the skin. It is inevitable, it’s just too hard to avoid. Since I discovered the technique I used with the Peach and Blueberry Crumble, the process is much easier and there is no waste.
1. First, gather and wash your peaches.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
4. Let the peaches sit in the boiling water for about one minute.
5. Immediately place the peaches from the boiling water to a bowl that has cold water.
6. Let the peaches sit in the water for a few minutes.
7. Now you are ready to peel the peaches. I took a knife to cut the peach skin just a little and then basically the skin just slid off. It was so easy! And if you wanted to get really pretty slices for a tart or other recipe, you are all set.
Do you have a kitchen tip that you really like? I would love to hear about it as I am always on the lookout for great tips!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!